Dance Dance Revolution Arcades website. Seattle, Tacoma, Portland DDR and Arcade Games forum.Get New Topic Alerts
PNWBemani RSS PNWBemani on Twitter
Pages: [1]
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Location Rating: 0 Point Rating ( 0 Ratings)
April 23, 2008, 09:15:30 PM - ORIGINAL POST -

Hi all, I'm going to check out SN2 for the first time on Saturday (probably early afternoon) and was wondering if anyone wanted to play.  It's been a while since I've seen any of the local ddr players!  I'm bringing my friend who's visiting from Japan who is pretty ridiculous too Smiley

This is assuming that the machine at Sunset is still there and working well of course.

Read April 23, 2008, 10:09:25 PM #1

I'll be in Oregon on Friday and Saturday the week after, so I'm very likely going to check it out then.
Read April 23, 2008, 10:25:44 PM #2

the machine "works", it's just nearly impossible to hear anything. Get them to turn it up and it would be an alright machine.
Read April 24, 2008, 09:16:20 AM #3

the machine "works", it's just nearly impossible to hear anything. Get them to turn it up and it would be an alright machine.

It "worked" (minus the 2P right arrow) last time we were there.  Who knows what shape it is in now.  I was planning on going back to it one of these days, especially now that the US is getting unlock codes.
Read April 25, 2008, 10:33:00 PM #4

I'll be hunting tomorrow. Sad
I haven't seen you since K-con '06 I think. Tongue

Speaking of, you should totally consider coming to K-con again.  I'm running all the DDR tournaments this year and there's one specifically targetting highly skilled players like yourself.  There's a double qualifier - initial qualifier is to beat me on a song (keeps the Maniac bracket players out of the Demon bracket), then there will be another qualifier.
It will be Marvs on, most likely on StepMania.
Read April 26, 2008, 11:09:45 PM #5

Here's my review of Supernova 2 for what it's worth:

As for the game...

Wasn't impressed at all.  Although at Sunset Lanes the sound is so quiet that you can barely hear anything, there didn't appear to be anything new or exciting about the supernova 2 song selection.  From my understanding there are about 30 or so songs that still haven't been unlocked, so I can't judge on those.  It was very frustrating for me not being able to save my scores especially.  One feature that was added in supernova was showing the top score which is cool, but sn2 doesn't have anyway to keep track of your scores (or show the top score) whatsoever which was a bummer to say the least.  The machines in Japan do have a way to track them I guess, but not in America Sad Sad 

As for the location...

I probably won't go again.  The right side (imho) is unusable; the up around responds about 60% of the time, but for the other 40% gives you misses, and the right arrow isn't much better.  First player side seems to work well.  The sound is impossible to hear, which for games reliant on being on beat the the rhythm of the song ... it's kind of important.  oh well.  I'm still going to be sticking with ITG2 in the meantime. 

Pages: [1]
Jump to: