Get New Topic Alerts
Join us on Discord Chat! Lots of conversation happening there.
Welcome, guest! Join our community today!
FORUM ARCHIVAL & UPGRADE
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
April 23, 2022, 10:19:15 PM
- ORIGINAL POST -
As mentioned in the Discord channel, this forum software that is still running the site is ancient. It has tried to die several times as new php versions have come out but I've been keeping it together with duct tape. For all I know there could be a handful of security vulnerabilities because of how old the forum software is (there's been no patches for a long time).
SO, the time has come to either shut the site down, or archive/migrate it.
The community feedback in the discord was really leaning towards archiving it.
I will only archive the site on a modern forum
IF WE MIGRATE/ARCHIVE, HERE IS WHAT WE CAN LIKELY SAVE:
- All user accounts
- All avatars
- All Threads and Posts
- Private Messages
- Articles (This will likely be a MANUAL archive. Many of these are really outdated and I won't put effort into saving all of them.)
- Photo Album (I will try to save this... although I think it's already broken and that might prevent my ability to export it properly)
AND HERE IS WHAT WE WILL LIKELY LOSE:
- Forum theme (this was handmade by me for this version of the forum software)
- First post iframe integration with Zenius-i-Vanisher arcade information
- Achievement banners in the profiles
- Extra forum details like Z-i-V Profile button (these might be able to be saved)
- Arcade "ratings" out of 5
- "like" scores for posts
- Existing URLs for everything. Syntax will likely change on the new site, but I'll see what I can do to try to keep these the same.
Please let me know if you have any feedback on this list. Does it sound good?
Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 10:20:54 PM by BLueSS
April 26, 2022, 01:25:08 PM
Haven't most people already migrated to the Discord servers?
The Almighty Tallest
April 28, 2022, 07:47:35 AM
I think this seems very reasonable. I like the idea of the archive, but most everything you noted we would "lose" is fine with me. Not sure what you mean about URL's though. Like, if someone linked to something in a post, would that somehow get lost? Or, are you speaking of URLs to specific posts on this forum?
FORUM ARCHIVAL & UPGRADE
Please select a destination:
Regional Arcades and DDR Forums
=> Events, Tournaments, & Meetups
=> Western Washington
=> Eastern Washington & Idaho
=> Canada (British Columbia)
=> Tournament Rule Discussions
=> Bemani/Music Game Discussion
=> Gaming Accomplishments
=> Off Topic Discussion
=> Feedback/Site Stuff
DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION
HOME & ARCADE GAMES CHAT
DDR & GAMING ACCOMPLISHMENTS
BEMANI & DDR TRIVIA
Powered by grace.
Powered by SMF 1.1.20
SMF © 2011, Simple Machines