Dance Dance Revolution Arcades website. Seattle, Tacoma, Portland DDR and Arcade Games forum.Get New Topic Alerts
PNWBemani RSS PNWBemani on Twitter

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 148
Location Rating: 5 Point Rating ( 14 Ratings)
BLueSS
January 27, 2007, 02:10:04 AM - ORIGINAL POST -

« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 09:55:28 PM by BLueSS »

patrick
Read January 24, 2009, 08:38:26 PM #951

everything seemed fine. Did horrible today, my accuracy sucks. But on the other hand, my friend is really good now and got an 85 on fer sure(sorry xail))

thechibiknight
Read January 25, 2009, 01:19:54 AM #952

DDRX?  Really?  WTF???

Suko
Read January 26, 2009, 10:52:59 AM #953

Despite my desires to play a new DDR game, I must say that I think the current selection of dancing games is more than adequate. If anything, I'd rather see a 5th mix instead of DDR X!  Grin

thechibiknight
Read January 26, 2009, 06:26:08 PM #954

5th Mix *longs for the days of 5th mix*...  Is there a machine nearby???

KevinDDR
Read January 26, 2009, 07:09:31 PM #955

There's one at Skate King in Bellevue.

To be honest, I'd much rather see an upgrade on the GFDM cabinets. They probably don't make enough money to merit it, but I think the prices of the V-V3 hardware upgrades and maybe even the V4/V5 upgrade kits are coming down quite rapidly. Even downgrading to Drummania 9th Mix would be appreciated, since 10th mix is severely gimped without being connected to the Japanese e-amuse network. Without a connection, 10th only has around 70 songs with more than 2/3rds of its songlist locked via the connection. With 9th mix, about 250 songs are available without the e-amuse network.

Thanks Bill and MVCO crew for installing the new buttons! They worked very well at the meeting, and are definitely improvements over the old ones. Hopefully they serve you well!

Ezzelin
Read January 26, 2009, 07:29:37 PM #956

Thank you for all the Tetris machine upgrades and especially for raising the time limit on Vs. mode; I had a blast playing it last night. One thing that I noticed was that after I played BlazBlue for a couple of games my left ear hurt a bit. The volume is turned up painfully loud on the BlazBlue machine. In fact, another time I came the person playing had put a jacket over the speaker to make the volume quieter, so I know I'm not the only one who thinks the volume is too loud. It also seems like there's no bass to the sound, the speakers while loud sound very tinny.

patrick
Read January 26, 2009, 08:19:39 PM #957

i second what that guy above me said. Blazblue is VERY loud. I sometimes hear it more than the itg machine

CongoBongo
Read January 26, 2009, 09:12:48 PM #958

Would definitely like to see a GFDM upgrade to one of the V series.  I think there's a decent GFDM community up here and the popularity of US games like Rock Band and GHWT has also helped draw some players new to the GFDM series.

AlphaConqerer
Read January 26, 2009, 09:47:58 PM #959

Yeah Bill, I don't play very often anymore at ACME and never pass by Tacoma anymore so no Narrows.  Of course I will catch a friend at Acme now and then and we will session on the GFDM, but that's only $1.50 every couple of months.   I end up saving my money and going to Vancouver when I can because they are a full 5 mixes ahead up there, now. 

When I do come by, the drumset seems kept pretty well so kudos on that.  I usually just get random misses, mainly from the hi-hat sensor.

So yes a mix V or better would definitely draw me back for 2x/week play and know a few friends who would be up for session.

The nicest thing about V+ is that you get a lot of old school songs back that aren't in GF11/DM10.  GF11 DM10 is a good mix I feel but without that back-catalog it loses its staying power.

Of course I think you already know this.  Anyhow, just my $.02.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 10:07:25 PM by AlphaConqerer »

mvco
Read January 27, 2009, 07:10:09 AM #960

I will be at Acme Wednesday and will turn down the BB to a dull roar.  As far as V boards, I am noticing more affordable availability.  Will be watching that.  If any of you encounter a real great deal, please forward the details to me.  Thx

Suko
Read January 28, 2009, 12:29:23 PM #961

Well, I give up.

My buddy and I went to play ITG yesterday and the 1P side was giving us misses constantly. We both were having problems, and we both observed the other having problems too.

But since it seems like everyone else in the world but us three are doing fine with the pad, then I give up. I have no idea what we're doing to cause these pad misses, but we were getting them on the DOWN and LEFT arrows most notably.

The only thing I can suggest is putting a little WD40 on the brackets to make certain they're not getting stuck from time-to-time.

BLueSS
Read January 28, 2009, 05:44:41 PM #962

Suko, you could try bringing your own WD-40 to see if it helps when you go. (unless it's not good for the brackets somehow)

patrick
Read January 28, 2009, 09:02:03 PM #963

i do tend to get some misses now that i think about it.

KevinDDR
Read January 29, 2009, 09:19:34 PM #964

As far as V boards, I am noticing more affordable availability.  Will be watching that.  If any of you encounter a real great deal, please forward the details to me.  Thx

I'll try to see if I can find anything soon, very soon. It seems it's still a little difficult, though.

KevinDDR
Read January 30, 2009, 05:39:01 PM #965

I think I may have found something...$1500 for V3 GuitarFreaks PCB (should be everything to upgrade from 11th, this is the hardware kit), $2000 for Drummania V3 PCB (same deal for drummania, but upgrading from 10th obviously). This source also has V5 PCBs for $4500 each which have the benefit of being the current hardware (So you could upgrade to V6 and beyond when they come out), but those are considerably more expensive obviously.

V3 is a huge upgrade from 10th/11th though, with over 300 songs compared to 10th's measly 70 or 80 or so.

thechibiknight
Read January 30, 2009, 07:00:37 PM #966

I was playing last night and didn't seem to have any problem with the ITG machine...  Then again I'm not trying to get 99.9999999% on these songs or anything...

mvco
Read January 30, 2009, 08:01:25 PM #967

Kevin, interesting news.  Send info when you get a chance, no big rush.  I bet there will be even cheaper 0nes coming up soon, but at least it's starting to look hopeful for the future.

Keby
Read February 02, 2009, 09:43:44 PM #968

I think I may have found something...$1500 for V3 GuitarFreaks PCB (should be everything to upgrade from 11th, this is the hardware kit), $2000 for Drummania V3 PCB (same deal for drummania, but upgrading from 10th obviously). This source also has V5 PCBs for $4500 each which have the benefit of being the current hardware (So you could upgrade to V6 and beyond when they come out), but those are considerably more expensive obviously.

V3 is a huge upgrade from 10th/11th though, with over 300 songs compared to 10th's measly 70 or 80 or so.

I would be fine with either. I starting playing DM around november and I've been itching to play some different songs. Besides, 1500 for GF and 2000 for DM doesn't sound like a bad deal at all. V5 would be awesome, but I'm pretty sure no one would mind V3.

Gosha
Read February 02, 2009, 11:02:24 PM #969

Yeah, V3 wouldn't be bad.  I think it would be a better investment for V5 though, if this were to happen, since its the current hardware.  If we got V3, we'd be stuck with it for quite a while.

Magicker
Read February 03, 2009, 11:17:26 AM #970

Hey Bill, saw Stan at the arcade yesterday.  We were trying to locate the problem with the ITG pad, and it felt to me like it might not be a sensor error but a wiring problem or something.  When he removed the pad I noticed that one of the sensor wires (the back sensor on the 1p down arrow) had slipped up over the bracket, and was pinched between the pad itself and the bracket it sits on.  It didn't look damaged, but who knows.  He moved the wire back down to where it should be, unfortunately I had to go before I could test it further.  The problem is rare and intermittent, but it is (was?  I'll let you know tonight) definitely a pad problem.

Another thing to watch out for in the future is the down pad on the 2p side.  It's fine for now, but the pad itself definitely doesn't have the structural integrity of the other arrows.  It 'gives' just a little bit, which may be nothing, or it may be a warning sign of pending failure.

Anyway, while testing, he accidentally changed the setting from end-of-song fail to immediate fail.  I really like to test myself on the 3rd song by playing stuff beyond my ability, could we get this changed back?

I really appreciate the attention you pay to your machines, it makes playing them a much more enjoyable experience.

Thanks,
Brian

Suko
Read February 03, 2009, 12:05:47 PM #971

it felt to me like it might not be a sensor error but a wiring problem or something.  When he removed the pad I noticed that one of the sensor wires (the back sensor on the 1p down arrow) had slipped up over the bracket, and was pinched between the pad itself and the bracket it sits on. 

Yeah, this was my guess too. I figured with the way it was acting it was either a bracket issue or a wiring issue of some sort. Glad you were able to investigate this.

I really appreciate the attention you pay to your machines, it makes playing them a much more enjoyable experience.

Agreed. Thanks for taking such good care of your machines.

Btw, BlazBlue is awesome. I just wish I could play it more without some pro coming by and kicking my n00b arse.

Gosha
Read February 04, 2009, 01:44:34 AM #972

Looks like TECHNIKA is being released in March.

http://www.bemanistyle.com/index.php/news/pm-studios-announces-djmax-technika-for-the-arcades-in-2009-1231

I'm not sure how much the cabinets run, but could be a nice new addition.  Probably get a decent amount play too since theres no home version and there seems to be a lot of support for it from the publisher for future upgrades, etc.  I think they are distributing it themselves too.

Heading up the sales effort will be Chris Cotty recently appointed as Director of Sales at
PM Studios. Chris is an amusement industry veteran with over 30 years of sales,
marketing, and entrepreneurial experience.
For assistance with all sales and distribution matters Mr. Cotty can be contacted by email
at ccotty@pm-games.com or by telephone at 323.226.0603.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 01:46:59 AM by Gosha »

Keby
Read February 04, 2009, 12:27:33 PM #973

Looks like TECHNIKA is being released in March.

http://www.bemanistyle.com/index.php/news/pm-studios-announces-djmax-technika-for-the-arcades-in-2009-1231

I'm not sure how much the cabinets run, but could be a nice new addition.  Probably get a decent amount play too since theres no home version and there seems to be a lot of support for it from the publisher for future upgrades, etc.  I think they are distributing it themselves too.

Is that the game that's basically simliar to EBA? or Ouedan?

patrick
Read February 04, 2009, 07:33:50 PM #974

Is that the game that's basically simliar to EBA? or Ouedan?
never heard of those games, but DJ MAX is basically o2jam+iidx if my memory serves me right. There are home versions(on the psp though). It's a pretty fun game, a lot easier than iidx.

KevinDDR
Read February 04, 2009, 08:21:23 PM #975

This game is totally different from IIDX though, it features a touch interface very similar to EBA and Ouendan. It's ridiculously good though, and has been very well received by fans so far.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 148

Jump to: