Dance Dance Revolution Arcades website. Seattle, Tacoma, Portland DDR and Arcade Games forum.Get New Topic Alerts
PNWBemani RSS PNWBemani on Twitter

Pages: [1]
BLueSS
November 06, 2009, 03:08:01 PM - ORIGINAL POST -

Underneath the Avatar part of our profile, there's a new section for community Achievements!

These are similar to other "achievement systems" where you do X and get an award for it.

CURRENT ACHIEVEMENTS AVAILABLE

Forum Achievements:
  • Site Donor - Fund new features or the site itself - Or participate in fundraising events. (Donors get all ads removed from the site when logged in!)
  • Machine Rater - Rate over 5 Locations, and PM me which ones you rated were.
  • Location Owner - Post updates to a location the most, and you become location owner. Minimum: at least 2 updates/month. NOTE: This can change ownership!

Event Achievements:
  • Tournament Winner - Win a tournament hosted by or participated in by PNWBemani. First Place only here.
  • Tournament Organizer - Run 2 or more successful tournaments/community events.
  • 20, November Freestyle Tournament - Prize for the Impromptu Freestyle Tournament at the 20, November Acme Bowl get-together.

These awards are not automatic, I have to manually add the, so if I miss your award, just let me know and I'll fix it quickly.

Also, lets come up with some more creative award ideas. I'm open to ideas, although I think there will only be a MAX of 8, maybe 10 awards available, so the awards need to be good ones!  Additionally, if you don't like the images I've made, and you can make better, send me a PM with your image and I'll replace it. Tongue

« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 04:03:37 PM by BLueSS »

Laura
Read November 06, 2009, 04:12:39 PM #1

Tournament organizer? Wink

BLueSS
Read November 06, 2009, 04:30:42 PM #2

Added

Suko
Read November 06, 2009, 05:15:28 PM #3

How about a Veteran achievement for those who've been with the site for over 2 years? I would say 3 years, but it hasn't been that long...

BLueSS
Read November 06, 2009, 06:02:58 PM #4

How about a Veteran achievement for those who've been with the site for over 2 years? I would say 3 years, but it hasn't been that long...

Take a look at the registration list, by date joined...
Over half the forum would qualify for it. Tongue
http://www.pnwbemani.net/smf/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;start=0

It wouldn't be worth very much since we'd all have it.

Suko
Read November 06, 2009, 07:37:26 PM #5

Pft, fine then Mr. Smarty pants.

How about a shutterbug award? Upload 50+ images in any category?

DMN
Read November 16, 2009, 04:44:34 AM #6

No love for my years of Sakura-Con work? =(

ChilliumBromide
Read November 16, 2009, 06:14:41 AM #7

Winners for tournaments I've hosted:

Foti (Don't Stop!)
ancsik (5.1.6.)
Hooby (Dance Dance Overcast)

I don't think that the winners of any of the other tournaments I've run are on this site.

Also, is this for ALL rhythm games, just DDR/PIU/ITG2, all games in general, or what?

Laura
Read November 16, 2009, 02:07:16 PM #8

Wait, Tony won one of your tournaments?

KevinDDR
Read November 16, 2009, 02:23:49 PM #9

I've run two successful events with Amber.

Sakuracon 2009 DDR Extreme tournament
Dance Dance Party Party! (both of 'em).

Laura
Read November 16, 2009, 04:20:32 PM #10

Don't forget your tetris tournament, Kevin Cheesy

BLueSS
Read November 16, 2009, 11:28:55 PM #11

How about a shutterbug award? Upload 50+ images in any category?
That would be interesting, but a pain to keep track of. It'd have to be again "tell me when you've hit it."

No love for my years of Sakura-Con work? =(
I wasn't counting the Sakura-Con stuff because they aren't open community events; you have to pay to get in. I might change that one though. It's in no way to discredit any Sakura-Con work, but Sakura-Con just isn't this community, even though many from the community go to Sakura-Con.

Also, is this for ALL rhythm games, just DDR/PIU/ITG2, all games in general, or what?
Don't forget your tetris tournament, Kevin Cheesy
Only rhythm/bemani game tournaments that the community has been involved in. So ones we talk about here and stuff... (or previously at other sites)

DMN
Read November 17, 2009, 12:55:32 AM #12

I put as much, if not more, work into those as I did any other event. Also, you have to pay to enter a tourney, while you pay to just get into con (the tourney itself is free) =P

Laura
Read November 17, 2009, 02:03:00 AM #13

Not to beat up on you, Jon, but I'd say that approximately 80% of this forum's regular users attend Sakuracon yearly - so it really is a community event. Smiley

BLueSS
Read November 17, 2009, 02:20:46 AM #14

Alright, alright. Tongue 
I appended titles to add Sakura-con stuff. Smiley 

discovolante
Read November 30, 2009, 03:46:40 AM #15

Ok, now I know what this means. Cool beans. Yes I've won a few (small) tournaments before. Will not be winning any here in Japan if anyone good shows up. (The so-called "best marv attacker in the world" lives in my prefecture.)

ChilliumBromide
Read December 15, 2009, 09:05:21 AM #16

Wait, Tony won one of your tournaments?
Oh crap, now that you mention it, I guess Ethan won that one too. D:

Sorry for that error on my part. :<

Pages: [1]

Jump to: