Dance Dance Revolution Arcades website. Seattle, Tacoma, Portland DDR and Arcade Games forum.Get New Topic Alerts
PNWBemani RSS PNWBemani on Twitter
Poll: Slogan?
(Voting closed: October 15, 2007, 12:18:49 PM)
Poll Results Slogan?
Something to do with location. EX: Seattle, Portland, and the rest of the PNW -  1 (16.7%)
Something with Rain: EX: Rain, music games, and more rain. But we like it. -  3 (50%)
Something PNW related. EX: Music games for the PNW -  1 (16.7%)
None at all - We don't need no stinkin slogans. -  1 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1] 2
BLueSS
October 15, 2007, 12:18:49 PM - ORIGINAL POST -

Alright, it's time we make the site look better and get a few more features added.

Planned so far:
-Wiki Location Database (Old plan, still to be added)
-Profile Pictures
-New Theme for the Site (With current theme available as second option)
-Front page portal with current events, links, recent threads...

So with a new site design, should we have a slogan? Let me know.

ALSO: If you guys have anything else *useful* that you'd like added to the site, all suggestions are welcome.  Smiley
Once we get the new site going, fliers will be made and reposted to draw interest.

KevinDDR
Read October 15, 2007, 12:58:55 PM #1

SUPER!

I'm actually excited for these updates.

Also, wasn't a player DB planned at some point?

cynic
Read October 15, 2007, 01:48:29 PM #2

Personally, I would like the forum system to be ported to SMF, but I'm not sure many people would go for that. (Forum pages would put a lot less strain on the already struggling server, too...)

Also: if anyone knows how to code an external login (something we can put on an actual site instead of pointing users to the forums), I know that there are scripts out there that can link a forum/wiki login, so that would be nice.

Also, theming phpbb2 sucks, so matching its theme to a website theme would be a little tough...

aaaaaanyways... yeah. More suggestions = win

BLueSS
Read October 15, 2007, 03:44:03 PM #3

I'm mainly familiar with phpBB and vBulletin. I know how to get portals set up on both those systems, which uses the same theme usually, for that frontpage/site and the forum. That would allow people to login on that page. And there's a phpBB wiki/login integration I found a while back that would work so anyone registered and logged in could register it.

I was thinking of just finding a much better phpbb skin to use with the portal/forum.

I'm not familiar with SMF at all, so I don't know what mods are available, and that sort of stuff. I've seen SMF at nddro.mistrust.com and I hate it over there. Undecided  But I know cynic likes it a lot. I'm gonna look at themes and mods for SMF to see how it compares to what I have to do now. We can convert all the posts and threads over, so nothing will be lost regarding what we have now.

Too bad vBulletin isn't free.

Quote from: "KevinDDR"
Also, wasn't a player DB planned at some point?

Yeah, but if it'll really be needed is kinda questionable now. I mean, how would it come to be? List of users by screen name? The user's profiles have seemed to be ok enough...   Any thoughts or suggestions regarding what we could do?

Edit:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SMF/Users_Integration
SMF wiki integration is a lot simpler than phpBB's.

This looks like a great mod too! http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=651   <3

ChilliumBromide
Read October 15, 2007, 10:19:02 PM #4

Well, one suggestion is that, as a favour subtitle for the Oregon forum we have something like, "Oregon?  Isn't that some kind of herb?!"

cynic
Read October 17, 2007, 09:49:40 AM #5

wow, since when is vbulletin not free? That's news to me...

and yeah, that's one of the great things about smf; there's still a lot of people making scripts and stuff for it. Post limit per day made me lol, and I never realized how simple the wiki integration was. *shrug*

I know it's kind of simple to port topics/users/posts to smf and back, so we could possibly set up a trial if people are interested. (I'm kind of interested to see bandwidth/cpu usage statistics if we do...) ¯\(º_o)/¯

BLueSS
Read October 17, 2007, 03:50:24 PM #6

vBulletin hasn't been free for at least 2 years from what I know.

I'd be willing to switch it over to SMF just to learn it, and so we don't have to deal with the PAIN that is phpBB modding.

zeppy_gorrila
Read October 18, 2007, 02:45:35 PM #7

Slogan is
the u in wasington and the i in oregon makes US ^_^

BLueSS
Read October 18, 2007, 03:14:27 PM #8

Dude, Zeppy, what have you been smoking lately?  :-P

discovolante
Read October 18, 2007, 03:20:20 PM #9

I know exactly what zeppy is talking about, but I only think... two other people would get that.

I personally think we'd be a lot better off if we didn't have a slogan.

ChilliumBromide
Read October 18, 2007, 05:58:37 PM #10

We could have our Slogan be, "Failing Slow Songs Since March 2007".  There's at least 3 more people who would get that.

zeppy_gorrila
Read October 19, 2007, 02:34:15 PM #11

wes suggested
this
to be the pnw theme song

Kyrandian
Read October 19, 2007, 02:40:07 PM #12

Quote from: "zeppy_gorrila"
wes suggested this to be the pnw theme song
I actually didn't, but now that you mention it, I think it's a great idea.

zeppy_gorrila
Read October 19, 2007, 02:44:43 PM #13

Quote from: "Kyrandian"
Quote from: "zeppy_gorrila"
wes suggested this to be the pnw theme song
I actually didn't, but now that you mention it, I think it's a great idea.
liar u wanted it 2 b

BLueSS
Read October 20, 2007, 05:00:08 PM #14

So any last minute feature requests? The new site might be ready to go in the next few days.

BLueSS
Read November 15, 2007, 10:14:53 PM #15

You should notice there's a new forum in the Regional Section.

Go check it out. Use it.

PS. Oregon: It's not the Oregon Forum ver 2, so this is just a friendly reminder to keep your stupid threads/posts in Oregon.  :wink:

BLueSS
Read November 19, 2007, 06:26:03 PM #16

AND HERE SHE IS!
 Grin

There will still be some changes here and there, but we wanted to finally get it all merged over. Yes, in the converting all your old PM's will be "unread", and you will have to probably redo your signatures, but everything else is here.

If you guys run into any problems let me know right away!

BLueSS
Read November 19, 2007, 06:29:50 PM #17

Additionally, guests can only view posts and Avatars!

That means any gender, age, real name, etc... cannot be viewed by non-members. Just wanted to add a little more privacy for everyone.  Wink

So go back in and fill in your profiles again!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 06:33:38 PM by BLueSS »

darknote
Read November 20, 2007, 02:09:49 AM #18

yay for being able to put the most recent post at the top.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 02:11:22 AM by darknote »

Laura
Read December 06, 2007, 08:11:09 PM #19

It appears that the drop down menus on this new system are incompatible with Safari. Plz fix this so I can enjoy Macs Unlimited. <3

Gosha
Read December 06, 2007, 11:12:23 PM #20

Get Firefox!  heh...  nah...

zeppy_gorrila
Read December 07, 2007, 09:31:30 PM #21

It appears that the drop down menus on this new system are incompatible with Safari. Plz fix this so I can enjoy Macs Unlimited. <3
get a real computer

ChilliumBromide
Read February 23, 2008, 10:07:09 PM #22

I didn't even realise there were drop down menus until I read your post.

BLueSS
Read February 24, 2008, 03:33:06 AM #23

What are you doing reading threads from last year and then resurrecting them!?

ChilliumBromide
Read February 24, 2008, 05:20:24 AM #24

I wanted to have the last post in every board.  I gave up when I remembered that I'm a model citizen and thus will never have a single post in "The Breaking Point".

Pages: [1] 2

Jump to: