Dance Dance Revolution Arcades website. Seattle, Tacoma, Portland DDR and Arcade Games forum.Get New Topic Alerts
PNWBemani RSS PNWBemani on Twitter

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 148
Location Rating: 5 Point Rating ( 14 Ratings)
BLueSS
January 27, 2007, 02:10:04 AM - ORIGINAL POST -

« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 09:55:28 PM by BLueSS »

KevinDDR
Read October 04, 2008, 06:41:07 PM #776

Any updates on the possibility of TGM3? Looking forward to it already! Cheesy

mvco
Read October 04, 2008, 07:13:58 PM #777

I have emails sent trying to hunt one down for price.  Let me know if you see any out there as well.  You never know, maybe we can make this work.  Smiley

KevinDDR
Read October 04, 2008, 08:40:27 PM #778

Thank you thank you thank you thank you! I was talking to mat_hatter earlier and he is also very excited.

I assume you sent a mail to Sophia/Tops Game. I was asking around on Tetrisconcept.com's IRC channel and it seems like those companies are really the best places to get it. I haven't heard of the game + Taito Type X hardware going for less than $1400, and I think $100 is probably reasonable for a Jamma-JVS adapter. Another thing to keep in mind is that the game typically expects a 4-way restrictor on the joysticks. If you don't have one of those, it should still be fine; however, the possibility for random misdrops occurs.

Kitaru
Read October 04, 2008, 11:33:14 PM #779

Another thing to keep in mind is that the game typically expects a 4-way restrictor on the joysticks. If you don't have one of those, it should still be fine
Ahhh, disagree! 4-way restrictor: very important. If he's using Sanwa sticks, it shouldn't be any more effort than rotating the restrictor to 4-way mode.

matt_hatter83
Read October 05, 2008, 03:48:05 AM #780

i really hope this happens! would be so amazing! i'm going to have to start training. and organizing tournaments, yeah? shirase!

Ahhh, disagree! 4-way restrictor: very important. If he's using Sanwa sticks, it shouldn't be any more effort than rotating the restrictor to 4-way mode.
not that this is something to really worry about, but TGM with an 8-way joystick is far from ok--it's seriously difficult to play, like, unplayable i'd say.

mvco
Read October 05, 2008, 08:01:07 AM #781

Kevin,
I am not familiar with the topsgames source and cannot find it.  Have a link?  Does this game run on a widescreen or standard ratio aspect monitor?

Thx

KevinDDR
Read October 05, 2008, 08:14:50 AM #782

The Tops-Game site is http://tops-game.jp/. However, they have a message on their site saying:

TO FOREIGN VISITORS:
PLEASE CONTACT EXPORT DIVISION FROM HERE (with a link to nora1110@sophia-corp.jp

I'm sure you could either email them or just go to the Sophia Corp. website at http://sophia-corp.jp/

I'm not quite sure what the relationship between the two companies is, but it would appear that Sophia Corp. buys stuff from Tops Game and then ships it out internationally.

The game runs on a standard aspect ratio 15khz or 31 khz monitor.

mvco
Read October 05, 2008, 12:29:15 PM #783

Kevin,
Many thanks for the info.  Email sent.

AlphaConqerer
Read October 05, 2008, 02:07:04 PM #784

Hmmm, interesting conversation but I kind of missed the crux of the "debate" so to speak.  Anyhow, Tetris sounds cool; I'll probably still be going to ACME just to play Drummania though.
That said, DM10th's hi-hat was busted again last night.  I placed a call into your service around 11:30 PM as I was leaving (I just played auto hi-hat, ug, in the meantime).  So maybe it will be fixed today?

Cymbal and bass were both very responsive.
Thanks Bill,
C

KevinDDR
Read October 05, 2008, 02:52:20 PM #785

Heh...looks like all WA DM machines are having hi hat troubles.

ChilliumBromide
Read October 06, 2008, 12:37:32 AM #786

My dad's girlfriends electric drumset has problems with the ride cymbal and hi hat.  I think electric cymbals just aren't the way to go.

You guys should try to get doogi doogi.

The Wise Fool
Read October 07, 2008, 06:23:51 PM #787

Hey Bill, anything new going on with TGM 3? I'm excited that we might get a cabinet at acme.

thanks.

mvco
Read October 07, 2008, 06:54:14 PM #788

I was gonna keep my mouth shut until the deal is final.  But I can say it looks like the deal will go down tomorrow, and the kit will be on it's way. 

KevinDDR
Read October 07, 2008, 07:18:47 PM #789

!!!!!!!!

This was the response in the Tetris Concept IRC when I copied over your post:

<KevinDDR> some very exciting news
<KevinDDR> from Masterman Vending Company
<KevinDDR> I was gonna keep my mouth shut until the deal is final.  But I can say it looks like the deal will go down tomorrow, and the kit will be on it's way.
<KevinDDR> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<Kitaru> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<KevinDDR> !!!!!!
<muf> Shocked
<Kitaru> DAMN YOU
<muf> what cab
<Kitaru> haha
<mushroom> !!!
<KevinDDR> not sure yet
<mushroom> you lucky bastards

As you can see, people are pleased.

I want to truly thank you for catering to your players, and for going through with the order of this game. Make sure to visit Acme when it arrives! I'll be sure to be there.

matt_hatter83
Read October 07, 2008, 10:54:48 PM #790

AHH! i can't wait! please keep me posted so i know when to plan the first visit!

mvco
Read October 08, 2008, 06:25:27 AM #791

It's now officail, the deal is done.  Now just give us some time to receive it and get it kitted up.  Will be in some sort of standard generic cabinet, probably medium resolution. 

How is the DM hi hat working?

KevinDDR
Read October 10, 2008, 10:05:35 AM #792

Bill,

Someone on the PIU Pro forums had a thought that might save the PIU Pro from eternal damnation:

You could set the credit limit to two. That way, no one will gain more than one free set from the credit glitch.

Just a thought.

Davyn
Read October 10, 2008, 01:06:37 PM #793

Or just get PIU NX Absolute. Testing starts tomorrow!

Happy Redneck
Read October 10, 2008, 02:09:45 PM #794

Bill,

Someone on the PIU Pro forums had a thought that might save the PIU Pro from eternal damnation:

You could set the credit limit to two. That way, no one will gain more than one free set from the credit glitch.

Just a thought.
i dont get it

Gosha
Read October 10, 2008, 02:52:45 PM #795

Yeah, seems like it would be just better to go with the main series (NX2, ABSOLUTE).  I don't think there were any problems before with it.

mvco
Read October 10, 2008, 05:55:44 PM #796

Kevin,

Great thought!  However, I also thought of that, and come to find out there is not a max credit setting in the games program.  Argh!

You will happy to hear that GM3 is shipping to us right now.  Just be patient while we get it kitted up.  So, this game uses a standard resolution?  That is what it looks like from what Sophia said, but I wonder?

KevinDDR
Read October 10, 2008, 06:33:20 PM #797

It either uses a standard resolution monitor or a high resolution (31khz, I'm not sure what the terminology arcade techs use) monitor. You can really use either, but it'll look much better (apparently) on a 31khz one.

Also, I was totally wrong about the 4-way stick thing. It really does need a 4-way restrictor; I tried playing emulated TGM2 on a really nice 8way stick the other day and it just doesn't work at all. Misdrops are far too likely. If it's a Sanwa stick, I think you can just rotate the restrictor 90 degrees or something like that.

Haven't been to check out the hi-hat yet. I'll probably be going either next week or whenever TGM3 comes, whichever comes first.

KevinDDR
Read October 14, 2008, 07:57:27 AM #798

One more slightly useless but relevant piece of info:

It might be a good idea to make a backup of the game's hard drive. If anything gets corrupted, you can't just send off for a new drive since the game is actually tied to the hard drive the Type-X system comes installed with. It's much better to save the drive backup somewhere, so you can restore it if you need to.

Post on tetrisconcept.com's Acme thread when you have more info!

Thanks

mvco
Read October 14, 2008, 02:32:45 PM #799

The Tetris goodies arrived today.  But our shop is backed up, but should be starting the conversion process in a few days.   Smiley

plzhelpme
Read October 14, 2008, 05:38:49 PM #800

DM HH is working pretty well again as of last night... basically as well as a highly used e-drum hi-hat can work. There's a pretty nice sweet spot on it that responds very well but if you strike out on that you'll probably get some misses.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 148

Jump to: